Single fellbach - Single coesfeld
Hotel am Münstertor is close to many bike paths, including the Römerroute (Roman Route) and the 100-Schlösser-Route (100 Castles Route).
The hotel has a restaurant, a sports bar and 2 bowling alleys.
The torso, which was made in the 14th century, was carved by an unknown artist from walnut wood; from a single trunk of at least 48 centimetres in diameter.
The sculptor used oak wood for the arms, and the two beams of the cross.
In 1359, a fund paying an annual sum of two shillings was established in order to finance the votive candles burnt in honour of the Coesfeld Cross, and, from 1425, a Confraternity of the Holy Cross is recorded.
Even in the religious turmoil of the 16th century reform-minded pastors were unable to prevent ordinary folk from continuing to venerate the cross.
It is the largest of its type in Germany and is especially noted for its graphically clear portrayal of Christ's suffering.